Story: As the sun sets
1. Tell me a little about yourself. How long have you been active as a comic artist and what have you been up to?
Well, I guess I’ve been active for about three years now. Before that I mostly wrote stories and drew illustrations, it wasn’t until I got in to the comic school Serios in Vingåker that I started drawing comics seriously (now that sounded like a bad pun!).
Since then I’ve made and participated in a number of different fanzines and I have a comic published in the online magazine babian.se #20. Right now I’m attending the first year at Comic Art School of Malmö where I’m evolving so quickly that I almost can’t keep up! It’s fantastic!
2. Why did you want to participate in this project?
I just thought it was a really interesting project that would challenge me and give me a chance to work on something with other great artists.
3. Have you drawn any erotic comics or incorporated sex in your stories before?
I have actually! I’ve drawn a couple of Yaoi comics before, but this is the first time I’ve drawn an erotic comic with a heterosexual pairing, which was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be.
4. What has been the most difficult and challenging thing about this project?
Probably to find all the time I needed to ink and grayscale all of the pages, I was practically chained to my desk for three whole weeks just inking this comic. But it’s fine, since I love to do that.
5. What has been the most fun part?
To see the comic grow from nothing into the finished piece, and to give and receive comments, tips and such from the other artists.
6. What are you up to now and where are you heading? Any plans?
Right now I have a couple of different projects going on (most of them are still secret) but I hope to get into the second year here at the Comic School where I intend to work on my next long project, a story about homophobia, friendship and love.
Comic Diary Blog: anettesseriedagbok.blogspot.com